Balanced, Healthy Lifestyles are Our Way of Life
Active, vibrant living comes naturally at The Glebe and shines brightly through everything we do, every day. Life here is all about choices. We provide a vast array of opportunities to nurture every dimension of your well-being to bring joy, growth, community and purpose to your life. And we make it fun and easy, too!
Our team of degreed and certified wellness coordinators, fitness instructors, Chaplains and culinary experts focus on maintaining and improving your physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual health in a friendly, encouraging environment. Even our modern fitness and aquatic center is managed by professionals from the National Institute for Fitness and Sport, a nonprofit organization that specializes in well-being for older adults.
Come discover how to let your life shine. Schedule a personal tour today by filling out our request form.
Flex Your Mental Muscle
From the Glebe Scholar program to creative arts classes, book clubs and trivia nights, we offer so many ways to keep the mind active and sharp, including our ever-popular Mental Muscle program. It utilizes Dakim BrainFitness®, a fun and comprehensive scientific-based program. Dakim cross-trains the brain in six essential cognitive domains to improve memory now and protect brain health long-term. This touchscreen system is easy to use, and it self-adjusts the level of challenge. That way, every user receives a workout that is precisely matched to their individual abilities to support and improve their cognitive well-being.
Wellness Programs for the Mind, Body and Spirit
Below are just some of the programs, amenities and services designed to keep you active, healthy and whole:
- Johnson Aquatic Center with a heated indoor saltwater pool and hot tub
- Modern fitness center and a team of certified trainers
- Group exercise classes like Beginning Exercise, Yoga, Tai Chi, and Gait and Balance
- Fresh chef-prepared meals with a focus on senior nutrition
- Health education programs
- Glebe Scholar program
- Mental Muscle program featuring Dakim BrainFitness®
- Convenient on-site Health Clinic
- Massage therapy services
- Creative Arts classes and woodshop
- Volunteer opportunities on and off campus
- On-campus Chapel and Chaplains
- Prayer group, bible studies and meditation
- Various resident committees
- On-site health clinic and pharmacy
- Scenic walking trails, fishing, kayaking, and canoeing at nearby parks and rec areas
- On-site therapy services including available massage therapy
- Cultural programs and social events