Discover the Freedom of Beautiful Living
Independent Senior Living
Imagine waking every morning, sipping coffee on your patio or balcony while soaking in the awe-inspiring views of the Allegheny and Blue Ridge Mountains. Having everything you need right around you to enjoy an active, carefree lifestyle that will nurture your total well-being. That’s just the beginning of what independent senior living offers at The Glebe just outside Roanoke, VA.
Our retirement community’s wide-open campus is in one of the most scenic areas of southwest Virginia. Whether you select a beautiful cottage or spacious senior apartment home, life here will reengage your senses and empower you to live life the way you choose.
Forget about the hassles and headaches of chores, housekeeping and home maintenance. We take care of that for you. Instead, let our expert culinary team and friendly staff prepare and serve your meals exactly as you like them. Become part of a fun and exciting community that wraps you in warmth and belonging. Enjoy an abundance of exceptional amenities, programs and events that will keep you engaged and feeling great.
Most of all, set aside financial and health care worries, because Life Care at our premier senior living community in Botetourt County provides a permanent plan to maintain your independence and security.
To discover more about The Glebe and the advantages of Independent Senior Living near Roanoke, VA, just fill out the request form.
Life at The Glebe is also maintenance-free. So you can spend your time doing all the things you love, we take care of the regular chores and upkeep, such as:
- Mowing and landscaping
- Snow removal
- Plumbing and electrical service
- Appliance repair
- Routine maintenance and repair of heating and cooling systems
- Bi-weekly housekeeping services
- Yearly deep cleaning of apartments and cottages (upon request)
- Other special cleanings or tasks (as scheduled with housekeepers)
Should I get on a wait list?
At The Glebe, we call our wait list our Circle of Friends. Getting on our wait list gives you priority access to the residence you desire as well as an opportunity to enjoy some of our great amenities. It’s advantageous to get on a wait list now so you can secure your future.
Our Circle of Friends Program
If you’d like to get a head start on your retirement, join our Circle of Friends Program. As a member, you’ll receive many exclusive benefits that will make you feel right at home, including:
- Priority access to your desired independent living apartment or cottage
- Complimentary birthday dinner for two in the Allegheny Dining Room
- Complimentary lunch in the Depot Café or dinner in the Allegheny Dining Room four times a year
- Complimentary coffee in the Depot Café
- Use of our pool, spa, exercise room and fitness classes
- Art classes – if space is available
- Monthly resident newsletter and activities and fitness calendars
- Coffee Clatch in our lobby every morning
- Priority given for Rehab Admissions to Health Care — if space is available and by approval of Healthcare Administrator
Our Moving Made Easy Program
If you’ve lived in your home for 20 or 30 years, you’ve probably accumulated a lifetime of treasures, belongings and stuff. Sorting, organizing and donating might seem like overwhelming tasks, but they don’t have to be. We have everything and everyone in place to make your relocation as easy as possible.
Moving Made Easy offers a wide variety of specialized moving services and a generous moving allowance to help offset the cost of moving and/or the cost of upgrades. Our trusted move-in partners can help sell your home, organize treasures, donate your unwanted items to charities and set things up in your new, senior apartment.
Some of the ways we can help include:
- Move consultation and planning
- Real estate and home-selling services with our partner Moving Station
- Referrals for downsizing, organizing and donating
- Referrals for arranging auction services and estate sales
- Referrals for movers who can pack and unpack your belongings
- Floor plan layout, measurements and furniture cutouts available or use our online floor planner
At The Glebe, we make your relocation much easier than you think, so you can look forward to a truly abundant and maintenance-free retirement community lifestyle.