Independence with the Right Amount of Care
Every day at The Glebe near Roanoke, VA, our Assisted Living residents enjoy life their way with a little extra help or support with activities of daily living. Our services and nursing care are designed to promote wellness, independence and socialization, and residents thrive in a stimulating environment amid the highest levels of serviceability and compassion.
Our Assisted Living facility in Daleville has a licensed nurse on duty 24/7, and is staffed with only certified health care professionals. They use their extensive experience and hospitality to help residents feel at home right away. We work with every resident and their family to develop individualized service plans that deliver just the right amount of support in areas of care, bathing, medication management and housekeeping. We’re licensed through the Department of Social Services and have a dedicated nurse manager on-site who is responsible for ensuring the care of the residents and that all regulatory requirements are met.
Knowing the importance that socialization and camaraderie play in keeping one mentally, physically and emotionally fit, our engaging atmosphere offers many opportunities for residents to enjoy each other’s company and participate in activities together. Friends and neighbors dine together with three delicious cooked-to-order meals served daily in a restaurant-style setting.
And the setting! With expansive vistas of the Allegheny and Blue Ridge Mountains, there’s an uplifting therapeutic quality to our beautiful community.
To start a confidential conversation about our Assisted Living services in Daleville, VA, please fill out our request form.
Spacious, Private Residences Just Like Home
Private apartment residences are bright and cheerful to make residents feel right at home and provide plenty of room to share with a spouse or loved one. Residents are free to furnish and decorate their apartments with personal and familiar items. With all the amenities of The Glebe, residents enjoy the peace of home life with the comfort of knowing assistance and care are nearby.
The Glebe does accept direct admissions for residency in Assisted Living, provided space is available. Please call or email us for information on current availability or residency requirements.
Sample apartment floor plan:
- Spacious one-bedroom residences
- Bathrooms with walk-in showers modified to assist with care needs
- Spacious closets
- Family-style living room
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Well-appointed common areas
- All utilities, including high-speed internet Wi-Fi, cable TV and phone
- 24-hour assistance with activities of daily living based on individualized needs
- Medication management
- On-site licensed nursing care 24/7
- Restaurant-style dining with chef-prepared cuisine
- Weekly housekeeping, laundry and flat linen service
- High level of staff presence and engagement
- On-site physical, speech and occupational therapies and aquatic therapy
- Emergency call system with pendant
- Wellness programs to stimulate mind, body and spirit
- Johnson Aquatic Center
- Health clinic
- Companion services (Home Health)
- Campus chapel
- On-site bank
- Billiards and game rooms
- Gathering places with comfortable seating and stone fireplaces
- Calendar of social and cultural activities
- Beauty salon and barbershop
- Scheduled transportation
- Mowing and landscaping
- Snow removal
- Plumbing and electrical service
- Appliance repair
- Routine maintenance and repair of heating and cooling systems
- Weekly housekeeping services
- Yearly deep cleaning of apartments and cottages (upon request)
- Other special cleanings or tasks (as scheduled with housekeepers)
- Medical appointments (requires advanced scheduling)
- Weekly shopping trips
- Monthly road trips
- Off-campus programs
- Airport and planned transport (with advanced scheduling)
Commonly Asked Questions:
The Glebe has the ability to provide furniture upon request or for those experiencing a respite stay. We encourage residents to bring their own furniture to make their apartment homelike.
Yes. Our personal care team will assist with all your transportation scheduling needs.
Yes. We encourage Assisted Living residents to continue medical care with their primary care provider. If a resident does not have a PCP, a member of our social work team will be glad to assist you in the selection process.