September 30: COVID-19 Update
Due to Botetourt County’s COVID-19 positivity rate, the Glebe continues to test all team members who have worked within the healthcare center/skilled nursing area per the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) regulatory guidelines. Due to testing on September 28, The Glebe’s leadership team learned that a certified nursing assistant (CNA) tested positive. The CNA works in the health care area as well as in home care for independent living residents.
The CNA is asymptomatic and is self quarantining at home. Contact tracing is underway. All independent living residents who may have been in close contact with this CNA will be notified and asked to self-quarantine for 14 days. These residents will also be tested per the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) guidelines. All health care residents are on isolation and will also be tested per VDH.
VDH has been notified of this positive test and The Glebe’s team continues to follow all recommended guidelines for infection prevention and spread. All team members will continue to be tested in accordance with Botetourt County’s positivity rate until all tests are negative. In the meantime, all visitation is suspended in the health care area.
This most recent positive case is unrelated to the dining team member who tested positive September 26. That team member is still self-quarantining at home.
Ongoing mitigation actions taken by The Glebe’s team include:
- Team members, residents, contractors and community visitors will continue to be screened before entry.
- All direct caregiving team members have been fit tested for N95 masks. All team members are required to wear facial coverings. Team members who have interactions with residents are required to wear surgical masks.
- Any team member who tests positive is required to stay home,
self-quarantine and will be able to return to work per the guidance of VDH.
- Residents who tests positive or as suspected positive, are self-quarantining.
- Ongoing infection control education for team members and residents has been provided throughout the pandemic.
Please reach out to The Glebe’s team if you have questions or concerns. Stay tuned to https://theglebe.org/blog/covid19/ for the latest updates.