Feel fulfilled, live better, and enjoy a sense of purpose.
The Glebe Continuing Care Retirement Community
No matter what your age, the key to living better and longer is a feeling of fulfillment and a sense of purpose. Many residents at The Glebe use some of their time to help others by volunteering inside and outside of the community. There are many opportunities to share your interest and skills with others. Here are a few examples:
- Intergenerational Programs – The Glebe is partnered with a local middle school to bring young students and residents together in learning from each other by sharing experiences from then and now.
- The Gallery Walk – Each month residents showcase their art and photography and open with an artists’ reception. The Glebe has quite a few accomplished artists and many others who simply enjoy experimenting with art for fun.
- Musical Presentations – Music is a part of life at The Glebe. Whatever your taste in music might be, there is something for you. Sing-a-longs and informal concerts by residents for other residents take place regularly.
- Caring Ministries – Residents care for each other in so many ways. The Caring Ministries is another way to connect and comfort someone who is in need of encouragement.
- Woodshop – If your interest is in making things for others, The Glebe has a group of residents who use their skills in woodworking to serve others.
- Crafts and Caring – The craft group uses their skill to make items for our troops overseas, dolls for needy children and crafts to sell for worthy causes.
- Relay for Life – Every year Glebe residents participate in this national drive to fight cancer. As we walk to remember those who have fought and survived this dreaded disease, fellow residents, family and friends are united in a sense of appreciation for life.
- Guitars for Vets – We have partnered with this organization whose mission is to enhance the lives of injured and ailing veterans through the healing power of music.
- Gardening – Garden spaces are available for all residents and a greenhouse for off-season use. We also have a specialty in daylilies that make our main gazebo dazzle with color in the early summer.